Monday, January 7, 2008

Smell that? It's warm weather.

Although I have a love/hate relationship with DC, one thing I've always enjoyed is odd days like today when the temperature is close to 70 deg. In January. Growing up in Buffalo, that was a luxury that I cannot remember--ever. Buffalo is in the 50s today, which is pretty warm for January 7, but they'll get smacked with more cold, and probably snow, in a couple of days. [The date of the Blizzard of '77 was January 28, so there's still time.] Here in DC it's not uncommon to hit the 60s and 70s between November and March. It doesn't happen too often, but it's often enough to feel good when you get that day that is downright warm. Today I took a walk around Ballston and had to take off my suitcoat and roll up my sleeves because it was so warm. I also had a nice exchange with a guy (principal maybe?) over by Washington-Lee High School. I think that the warmth just brings out the best in everyone.

So get out there and take a walk. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer. Enjoy it while you can. The rest of the week will still be decent, but not short-pants decent. God, I hate pants.

No comments: