Friday, April 6, 2007

And so it begins. . .

Irk. Irksome. Irked. What great words. I get irked a lot. I don't know why. Maybe I pay too much attention to what goes on around me. Maybe it's because too many people don't pay any attention to what's around them. To quote Frank Costanza during Festivus dinner, "I've got a lot of problems with you people!" I'm not yet a full-on curmudgeon like ol' Frank, but I'm getting there. The early 30s seems kind of young to qualify for curmudgeondom, but hey, at least I've got a goal to reach for.

So what's it all about? I guess these blogs are a way for people to express their thoughts. So I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and vent mine. Maybe this will be therapeutic. Or frustrating. Either way, I'm going to say what I've got to say. Not that all of what I write will be complaints. There's more to my mind than that! I'll write about the sheer enjoyment I get out of life too. Like when I get a great deal by using a coupon. Ohhhh, that's sweet. Or perhaps I'll send out a missive about music. Or the TV programs. We'll see what happens.

And to that end, let me start by stating that I used to hate the term "blog". I certainly don't love it, but I also don't hate it anymore. There's something too cutesy about it's combination from "Web log". And in case you didn't know, a combination of words like that is called a portmanteau. Now that's a word I can get behind. Wrap your tongue around that a few times and feel the thrust. Damn. Mmmmm. For the record, another thing you may notice here is that I love words and the English language. So perhaps I'll give you a taste of that too.

For now, let's just say welcome. And don't forget to ask me about my coupons. . .

No comments: